I’m not sure why I decided to do it, but I did it. I setup a Moodle Development Environment on my local machine using MAMP. I attempted to install Moodle 3 times before I actually got it working. This is my tale….Continue reading →
I recently experienced an issue in Moodle where I was unable to create new users. I was receiving an “Error reading from database” message. In this brief blog post, I share my experiences of fixing this error.Continue reading →
I’ve been waiting with bated breath for the new version of Moodle to arrive. Version 4.0 was released last week and I couldn’t wait to get it installed and take a look at the new UI and all the features. In this post, I describe the installation process as well as my first experiences.Continue reading
Moodle 3.9 was released in June 2020 with a minor update released in July (3.9.1). Major changes include H5P integration, improvements to accessibility and the ability to copy courses. I’ve just installed the new version and these are my first impressions.Continue reading →
So after my post yesterday on the trials and tribulations of my moodle upgrade, it led onto a rant about the performance of my site. After reflecting on the issues, I decided to spend a few hours researching web optimisation and logged a support ticket with my host.
This post contains information on my history and experience of web development and a summary of my experience of web optimisation.
It’s been a little whilst since I’ve posted and I’ve decided to write a short post about how my Moodle project is coming along. Moodle appears to be one of those applications which I seem to have picked up a natural affinity for – it’s either that or it’s just very intuitive to use!
I surprised myself with this mini project. I wrote a very short blog post about installing Moodle onto a virtual machine last year (which you can read here if you are interested) and I didn’t really expect to revisit it. This blog is a self-hosted WordPress blog hosted by Tsohost, installing WordPress was a 1-click process via the CPanel and getting a basic blog up and running took less than 20 minutes. I noticed last week that one of the applications available for install via the CPanel was Moodle, so I decided to give it another shot!
Okay so after reading some articles online yesterday, I decided to try my hand at installing Moodle.