E-learning developer, instructional designer and technical communicator
I began my career as an apprentice IT Support Engineer. I continued working in IT for 10 years, in a variety of roles, focusing on IT Support and Infrastructure.
I hold several IT qualifications, one of which is a bachelor’s degree, with first-class honours, in Information Technology. I have continued to obtain various IT certifications over the years.
In 2012 I completed a teacher training qualification and decided to move into the education industry, to deliver IT training. I worked for a UK training company, as an IT Systems and Networking Assessor, delivering a City and Guilds (QFC) Level 3 qualification in IT Competency. In 2014 I moved away from teaching and assessing into technical writing and elearning at a tech start-up and became the manager of the content/product development department.
I am currently working part-time as the Head of Online Learning at the Inns of Court College of Advocacy. I also work as a freelance learning consultant at the eLearning Academy.
In 2018 I completed a MA, with first-class honours, in Technical Communication and ELearning and I am currently a student at Lancaster University working towards a PhD in Technology Enhanced Learning.
My passion is technology, education and writing. I love technical communication as I enjoy taking complex pieces of information and turning them into clear, accurate, consistent instructions or documentation. I am interested in how people learn and like to keep up to date with industry trends in IT, technical communication and elearning.
MA Technical Communication and E-Learning
BSc Information Technology
FdSc IT for E-Business
Undergraduate Certificate Cognitive Psychology
Workshops & Courses
- Introduction to Adobe After Effects
- Introduction to Adobe Premiere Pro
- Fundamentals of Dyslexia Awareness Certificate
- GA: Copywriting for Tech
- GA: Mobile Video: Produce Content Like a Pro
- LinkedIn Learning – Teaching Techniques: Writing Effective Learning Objectives
- LinkedIn Learning – Elearning Techniques: Visual Design
- LinkedIn Learning – Articulate Storyline 360: Increasing Learner Engagement
- LinkedIn Learning – Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videos
- LinkedIn Learning – Instructional Design: Needs Analysis